tiistai 22. toukokuuta 2012

VW Open

I managed to get the car ready for VW Open. I got there on friday and did some testing on an empty air field. After a while I blew an oil hose. Took me whole evening to fix that but I got it done. On saturday I managed to get two good runs. Burnouts were better than ever. But the time slip was showing that I was having some problems, got 12.38 / 175km/h and 12.30 / 171km/h. There is no way that 250whp could end up with such low trap speeds.

Datalogger, what a great help in monitoring engine under run, did show that the engine was running extremely rich, lambda was 0.68 - 0.72. I took engine lid off for the third run just to check if the engine is not getting enough air. Something happend at 2nd to 3rd shift, 2nd got stuck and I got no data at all. Now I have to take the gearbox out to see where the problem is. Anyway, I have a good feeling when all the small problems get sorted out I can make good runs with the car.

Thanks for the photos Jaakko and good luck fixing the engine, Heebah.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti